Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Back in the game!

That would be the CVS game of course. Even though I spent a little more than I like to this week at CVS it put me in a good position for next week. Before I tell you what I bought, I wanted to tell anyone that is joining in the CVS game some good news. Today I went to the new CVS in River Ridge and not only is it an amazing store....they have one of those coupon scanners I have been hearing about. Let me explain....all you do is scan your CVS card and it immediately prints out coupons! It is random coupons, and may not be helpful on that visit....but you may strike it at the right time and get some good ones! I was too embarrased to ask the cashier exactly how many times you could scan your card though, I didn't want to look like one of those obsessed moms :) Secretly though, I wanted her to get distracted so I could swipe my card over and over and just have tons of coupons pouring out.
Anyways, this is what I got:

Transaction 1:
Wetslicks Lip gloss $5.99 with 5.99 ECBs
3 Sauve products $2/each , I used a B1/G1 free coupon from sunday paper ; got 2 ECB
Total Out of pocket: $10.80
Total ECB: 7.99

Transaction 2:
Accucheck glucose monitor : 9.99 with 9.99 ECBs
Total due: 10.??
I paid with my 7.99 ECB from previous transaction and then owed 2.14 out of pocket.

So all together I spent $12.94 out of pocket and have 9.99 ECBs for next week. Usually a glucose monitor cost around $70- so I thought this was worth it for me, since I could use a back up monitor. I considered not using the ECBs just earned to purchase my second transaction, and then I would have 18 ECBs for next week, but I couldn't bring myself to spend more money ( I know ...I am cheap, what can I say.)
If you are just starting don't get discouraged, it takes a while to build up ECBs (like you can see in my example.) I started with none, so I had to spend more out of pocket...next week though I have some ECBs going into it- which is always more fun!

Good Luck!!

6 comments:

Bruns said...

Thanks for the encouragement B.!! I can't wait to get to CVS to print out some coupons!!! I only have 4 ECBs but am going to build it up over time. I am hooked. Talk to you soon.

The Sooz said...

This is so confusing...

The Sooz said...

Oh, this is Susannah, I just changed my blogger name.

Unknown said...

I'm inspired to try it, thanks breckin. I would never normally do anything like this for sake of not really knowing how, so thank you for sharing.

Tara and Grace said...

forget the CVS stuff, i want some more pics of my cutie nephew!!!

Brecken said...

I'm trying....I just need some new batteries for the camera....oh wait, maybe CVS has them cheap :)